Stockholm, Göteborg, Linköping
inContext was founded in 2006 and we have, since the start, focused on building long term relations with our clients within the electrical equipment, automotive and home appliances industries. We provide consultancy services of experienced and dedicated consultants who support our clients in future defining projects. For the last four years, we have been awarded Dagens Industris Gasellföretag and Veckans Affärer’s Superföretag.
As we are expanding and growing our business, we are now looking for Wire Harness Designers to join our team and support our technically challenging assignments for our customer in the automotive industry.
As a Wire Harness Designer you will be involved in exciting projects where the wiring and cable harnesses pass through large areas of complex products and applications (e.g vehicles, dishwashers, airplanes) and is affected by every configuration. You will be given the opportunity to widen your technical knowledge, circle of contacts and you will be involved in many different areas on the application that you are working on.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Understanding the configuration/variations of the products that will be affected by your area of responsibility with regards to the product.
- Documenting the installation of the wiring and cable harnesses in 3D with CATIA V5 in relation to many variations, complex surrounding and with regards to criteria and specifications on power and signal supply for the components on the products.
- Design and develop wire harness in relation to 2D and 3D software.
- Build, develop and maintain relations with key stakeholders such as design engineers, productions processors, purchasing and suppliers.
- Have regular contact with production and sample mount prototypes.
To be a successful candidate for this role you most likely have a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. As this assignment is for our clients in the automotive industry, it is vital that you have a genuine interest of vehicles, and the automotive industry in general. Previous experience in wiring and cable harness design is a requirement, we are looking for candidates who have knowledge and expertise of the entire development process of Wire Harness.
As this is a role in a complex area, where the level of complexity is wide, it is imperative that you have a solid, technical understanding, and that you have an ability to quickly understand what the role entails and what expects of you. As a person, you are most likely driven, positive and structured with a can-do attitude.
This is an exciting role that provides many technical challenges, and for the right person, there are great potential and opportunities for personal development. As an employer, we provide a stable and inspiring environment coupled with challenging assignments with our clients.
Should you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Sofia Jonasson 073-9013060 or firstname.lastname@example.org.